[SPOILERS] Re: Targeting Computers in X wing fighters.

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:12:42 CST 2016

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, jwsmobile wrote:
> >Some people are waiting for the nuts to quit filing theaters. Please don't
> >discuss w/o a warning as Al placed on the line (or if someone else did,
> >I've not gotten that message).
> >It is ill mannered at best.
>
> OK
> But, I probably won't see it for a few years, until it reaches TV.
> Theater captioning is rarely adequate)
>
> One quick [non-spoiler?] question:  Is it a remake?  Or is it another in the
> "series"?  (if so, earlier? later?)

I just saw it last night for the first time, and since then I've been
reading reviews (which I was avoiding before). It seems to be the
concensus (and I agree) that it's somewhere in between a sequel and a
reboot/remake. It definitely has a lot of elements parallelling the
first movie, but on the other hand it clearly takes place after Return
of the Jedi and has some of the same characters in appropriately older
roles.

--
        Eric Christopherson