Wanted: Specific Mallory cap...

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Wed Jan 6 11:52:24 CST 2016

Hi all,

I am in the process of restoring/recreating a linear
PS as part of a project and I would like to use the
original parts if possible.  I'm looking for six
Mallory axial electrolytic capacitors.  The physical
dimensions are 11mm in diameter by 44mm in length.
They have a clear plastic wrap, so the aluminum
silver color shows through.  The printing on them
goes around the circumference (not end to end) and
reads:

   +-M-+
2000 MF 10 V
 20-48923

Electrically, they are (were) 2000uf, 10 volt.  My
bet is that these are mil-spec versions of Mallory's
TT10X2000 capacitor.  They physically match some
Mallory TT15X1000 caps that I have in my parts box.
I've been "beating the bushes" for a while now with
no luck on the "20-48923" part number.  I've also
contacted all of the web site owners that claim to
have TT10X2000s.  They have all come back with "well,
we don't actually seem to have that part after all".

If anyone has either of the above, I'll pay a good
price for them.  They don't have to be in operational
condition electronically, I'll "restuff" them if
necessary.

Thanks,
Bill Sudbrink