PDP-8 core memory for sale (_not_ from me)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 09:59:52 CST 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Doug Ingraham
<dpi at dustyoldcomputers.com> wrote:
> That particular card only works in an 8/a chassis so the market is more
> limited for them.  In the 8/a world people want the H219b card since it is
> a 16k card.

Yep.  Most of the hex-wide core systems I've seen had 1x or 2x H219B.
 I sold my hex-wide core back in the 80s and went with MOS.

> My grail card is the MMU card for the 128k semiconductor card.  I
> dont't remember the part number but the only one I ever saw for sale they
> wanted way too much for it.

It's the KT8A.  I have one (and 128K of MOS to go with it).  It's only
really useful as a RAM disk for OS/8 or if you are one of the very few
people who ran RTS-8 (I built an RTS-8 system back in the day, with a
32K OS/8 "task".  I didn't have a "real" purpose for RTS-8, so it was
all just for learning.  You couldn't do two OS/8 tasks, so it wasn't
like you could have two users on the same CPU at the same time).

-ethan