Floppy recovery

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:59:39 CST 2016

On 2016-01-07 3:50 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
> [...]
With modern disks that have glass platters two techniques I have used are:

1. Drive a center punch trough the lid, there are usually convenient
holes covered with labels to make it easy if you don't want to drive it
through the metal.
2. Slam the drive down hard and flat on a cement floor when the drive
sounds like a maraca you are done.

The first is a little more sure as you will almost always shatter all
the platter in one go.

Paul.