Archiving CP/M 2.2 Source Code Programs to a PC (Fat or NTFS media)

Robo58 robo58 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 15 09:32:12 CST 2016

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply.  The 8" SD diskettes are standard IBM format (I
believe 3740 physical format) 26 sectors.  I believe the  8" DD follows the
same 3740 physical format but has 1024 byte sectors and that they could vary
as to either 8 or 9 sectors/track.

Regarding the 5.25" HD diskettes.  I believe they are duplicates of the 8"DD
just using the smaller media.

The hardware is custom so there is no unique base of users or other software
to leverage.  There are two different platforms, both Z80 one platform uses
the Western Digital 1771 floppy controller, the second platform was newer at
the time and is Z80 with WD 1791 floppy controller.

Thanks Robo