For you SGI fans...

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Fri Jan 15 12:11:25 CST 2016

> Hello Jay,
> Regarding the simulated SCSI disk, hoping you can explain further.
> The last time I had an IRIX based workstation on my desk was in 2007, and all
> this SGI discussion has me wanting to go and hunt down a Fuel.
> Curious how the simulated disk thing works.
> Thank you,
> Jerry

My coworker has a Fuel sitting on his desk here, I'm staring at it. There
is some sort of failure with mobo or power supply. He has a spare
motherboard for it, but I think he said it's PSU. Prob caps, is there a
known issue with them?

Also, I used nfs to get to ISO data of IRIX 6.5.2x updates for my Octane
and it worked fine. Flashbacks to my days as a sysad @ NASA in IRIX land,
and as a huge SGI fanboy...

https://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/office/13/Image02.jpg
96proc, 64GB, 7TB, 2.something million dollars

https://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/office/13/Image15.jpg
o2k, my favorite...

https://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/office/13/Image20.jpg
Petabytes in the background, in 2001 or so.

  --
Ethan O'Toole