Retrocomputing on StackExchange...

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Jan 15 18:34:37 CST 2016

On 2016-Jan-15, at 4:12 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> Ah, old eyes!
>
> I originally read the title of the thread as "Retrocomputing on Stock Excahange".
>
> So, does anyone collect Bunker-Ramo gear here?
>
> Just curious,
> Chuck

Well, collecting Bunker-Ramo stuff as an objective would be overstating it, but I have a 1960s Bunker-Ramo modem (Bell 202, half-duplex, 1200bps, discrete transistor, about the size of two toasters). Not much to do with it, as there is (or I have) nothing else to talk to it.

I'm guessing: are you mentioning BR here in relation to stock exchanges - were they a major supplier for stock exchange data services?