Retrocomputing on StackExchange...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jan 15 18:58:10 CST 2016

On 01/15/2016 04:34 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> I'm guessing: are you mentioning BR here in relation to stock
> exchanges - were they a major supplier for stock exchange data
> services?

Oh yes--look up "Telequote".  I think that CHM has a few bits as well.

A lot of caselaw was tied up in Telequote, but by the early 70s, nearly
every stockbroker had a TQ terminal on his desk.   BR was one of the
first companies I bought stock in--the future was very clear to me at
the time.

I think most of the server gear for Telequote was IBM S/360 stuff, but
I'm not certain my memory is accurate.

Having a Telequote terminal would be akin to having a SABRE airline
reservation terminal from the 60s.

--Chuck