Retrocomputing on StackExchange...

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:57:09 CST 2016

On Jan 15, 2016 7:58 PM, "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 01/15/2016 04:34 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing: are you mentioning BR here in relation to stock
>> exchanges - were they a major supplier for stock exchange data
>> services?
>

> Oh yes--look up "Telequote".  I think that CHM has a few bits as well.
>
> A lot of caselaw was tied up in Telequote, but by the early 70s, nearly
every stockbroker had a TQ terminal on his desk.   BR was one of the first
companies I bought stock in--the future was very clear to me at the time.

> I think most of the server gear for Telequote was IBM S/360 stuff, but
I'm not certain my memory is accurate.

> Having a Telequote terminal would be akin to having a SABRE airline
reservation terminal from the 60s.

> --Chuck

I have a stash of BR docs, for various systems from 1960s mostly.   BR is
not mentioned very often.
Bill