Data Recovery Services

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jan 20 13:46:29 CST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, JC White wrote:
> I need to recover some files from a SCSI drive that failed over a decade
> ago.  Are there data recovery services that can determine if the files
> on the drive can be recovered or can actually do such a recovery?  Now
> that I think about it, I recently also had a fairly new Western Digital
> drive suddenly no longer be seen by any Windows PC and I really need
> many of the files on it.  Can anybody here tell me if drive
> manufacturers offer recovery services? I ask this since I saw a post
> somewhere that Seagate offers some sort of file recovery via cloud
> storage.

Recovery services tend to be expensive.  You'll need to decide just how
much the data is worth to you.  Seriously.

If the problem is "external" (a problem with the circuit board attached to
the drive), then repair or replacement of that board may work.

Try DriveSavers

If the problem is "internal", then you will not like what it costs.

But, NSA could almost certainly recover your data.