Free to a good home: Honeywell/Bull DPS-6 workstation / server (Seattle, WA)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 00:35:32 CST 2016

Hi all --

I picked this DPS-6 up over the summer and it's just taking up space
(quite a bit of space) in the corner of my basement.  This is a custom
16-bit, bitsliced, microcoded CPU from the early 80s with (I believe)
8mb of memory, and ethernet.  It would originally have run a version of
GCOS.  It's about the size of a large-ish minifridge, but a bit deeper.
It's also quite heavy!

It's a neat machine, but it's very obscure and unfortunately incomplete
(it is missing both mass storage and storage controllers).  Otherwise,
it is complete and in good condition (albeit a bit dirty).  So you can
see why you'd really want to have it in your collection .

If anyone's up for a project, drop me a line.  Local pick up in Seattle, WA.

Thanks,
Josh