HP 9000/382 Questions

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:42:22 CST 2016

As already mentioned, you should start off looking at
http://www.hpmuseum.net for documentation and software for the HP
9000/382

I obtained an .ISO image of the HP-UX 9.0 installation CD-ROM there
along with HP BASIC 6.2 images, both stand alone BASIC and BASIC/UX.
There are currently no direct download links for those images. Jon
Johnston there has been great about responding to requests for images
if you send him an email.

The SCSI hard drive in my 9000/382 was dead when I received it. It was
fairly straight forward to install HP-UX 9.0 from scratch on a
replacement hard drive from a SCSI CD-ROM. I forget how much memory
mine had when I received. I found some additional memory to install
and that helped with performance running HP-UX 9.0.  I don't think I
ever got around to trying to use HP BASIC to control any GPIB
interface test equipment yet.