SD Card disk drive for C-64?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 19:15:26 CST 2016

" I am saying don't make a permanent hardware change to a 1541 that
does not have the switches unless you really want it to be permanent
because there is a software method of assigning drives that is good enough
most of the time.  BUT if you must make it permanent and you don't have the
external switches, consider adding some form of external switch so you
don't ever have to open the case again to put it back to the default."

Well then, we're having a major agreement. ;-)

The device ID switch is the ultimate fix for Commodore drives, and I'm
really not sure why CBM didn't incorporate one into the design - at least
from the 1540 on upwards. Can't have cost much to add a discretely located
access hole (or a knock-out) in the case, along with a 2-place DIP switch
for controlling device ID.

Grumble grumble..