Introduction and RK05J Drive cabling

Joshua Stetson saburwulf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:24:33 CST 2016

> I have had no end of problems with the *many* BC11A cables that I have (ie
> they’re

bad cables).  It’s the flex ribbon cable itself that’s been the issue.

I may have a BC11 cable as another local guy, Josh Dersch may have one. Of
course as you state, it could be bad given the flakiness of the cable but
I'll give it a try in the meantime.

> To that end, I’ve made new “paddle” board that take 2 60pin ribbon
> cables.  I expect
> to have the first round of boards back from the fab house in a couple of
> weeks.  I’ll
> let folks know how they turn out (ie do they actually work!).
>
> The downside is that they were somewhat expensive (I ordered 10 of each
> just because that made sense price
> wise for a prototype run).

If your boards and cables turn out to be viable replacements, I'll
definitely grab one given that it's starting to sound like I should expect
the BC11 to break at any moment. :)

Josh Stetson