BC11A paddle boards

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 08:27:38 CST 2016

  -----Original Message-----
  From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Noel
Chiappa
  Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:08 AM
  To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
  Cc: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
  Subject: Re: BC11A paddle boards

    > From: Guy Sotomayor

    > I was originally thinking twisted pair ribbon cable until I saw what
    > 100' spool of that would run and decided to try just the straight
    > "grey" ribbon cable for now.

  That should be fine; the DEC M9042 board (basically equivalent) used three
  H854 flat cables, see:

    http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/XD149.80

  The DEC board makes every other conductor in the flat cable a ground; not
quite as good as twisted pair, but close.

    > I probably will not be making a production run of these boards unless
    > get a *lot* of interest (100 boards or so). If you want some, let me
    > know

  I would definitely be interested in some (how many exactly would depend on
the price).

	Noel
-----

Looks like the ribbon cables there are foam-separated-and-bundled, rather
like a BC11 cables.  What are folks using for foam-replacement when they
rehabilitate existing BC11 cables?

I also would be interested in some (how many pairs exactly would depend on
the price, for me as well).

-----