IBM 3101-12 ASCII terminal - need fuse holder

Tothwolf tothwolf at
Fri Jan 29 01:39:58 CST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> I was just gifted with an IBM 3101-12 ASCII terminal that happens to be 
> missing the fuse and fuse holder.  Unlike a lot of 1960s and 1970s gear, 
> it's not round.  It's square.  Is this a standard IBM thing from the 
> 70s/80s?  Anyone know where I could get one?  It seems to snap in and 
> probably fell out at some point under its previous owner.
> Also, I found only a little info on it from Googling.  Later IBM ASCII 
> terminals emulated ANSI command or Wyse-50 or something.  I couldn't 
> find anything on the 3101.  Is it a glass TTY or does it respond to any 
> cursor positioning, etc. commands?
> Thanks for any tips and info.  Worst case, I can bodge in a fuse on the 
> inside, but if I can find a replacement holder, I'd like that more.

There aren't too many US made square panel mount fuse holders. It sounds 
like it might be a Littelfuse 348 series.

Littelfuse 348007 (03480007) fuse holder cap, black
Littelfuse 348001 (03480001) fuse holder cap, red

More information about the cctalk mailing list