Any hope for CBM VIC-1525 Printers & ribbons?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 20:30:43 CST 2016

Oops, I forgot to mention.. it needs to be unexpectedly, to the point of
absurdly cheap! ;-)

Really though, these printers are mostly of "historic" interest, and not
much more - the mechanism is slow and noisy, with print quality somewhere
between 'poor' and 'acceptable'. I suspect that most owners, like myself,
only wish to run off a few listings to verify operation, produce a few demo
print-outs, (PrintShop maybe?) etc.

I'm mostly looking for a cheap & cheery way to re-ink or otherwise
rejuvenate the ribbon for a couple more goes, so it can be demonstrated,
etc. As of this writing, the whole black analine + ethanol + glycerin
recipe is starting to look good.. so long as the inking roller in the
cartridge will hold-up!