Source for server lift/hoist?

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Jul 4 22:22:24 CDT 2016

I have a genie lift that I picked up used at a flea market.  It’s been
the best $350 I ever spent!  ;-)  Of course I picked mine up 10+ years
ago so I expect that prices have gone up some.  I personally think
that your $200 price target is *way* too low.

Mine is counter weighted so the unit itself is “shallow” so I can get
right up to the rack.  However, the counter weight is 400 lbs so it’s
a *pain* to move the lift itself if I have to transport it “offsite").  It’s
hand cranked and nothing on it is particularly difficult to replace.
It’s developed a bad caster that makes maneuvering it difficult at
times because the caster jams but it’s not yet bad enough for me
to go through the effort to find a suitable replacement.

A quick search and I found Vestil Lift at Northern Tool for $649 (plus
shipping): http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200650600_200650600?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Material Handling > Pallets + Pallet Handling&utm_campaign=Vestil&utm_content=856042&cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=google_PLA&utm_campaign=&mkwid=sPUefxNqc&pcrid=39129660716&devicetype=c&gclid=CIna4tut280CFZSEfgodBcMFMA <http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200650600_200650600?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Material%20Handling%20%3E%20Pallets%20+%20Pallet%20Handling&utm_campaign=Vestil&utm_content=856042&cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=google_PLA&utm_campaign=&mkwid=sPUefxNqc&pcrid=39129660716&devicetype=c&gclid=CIna4tut280CFZSEfgodBcMFMA>

I’m not sure if you can find something used for much less.  Shipping
*is* going to add significantly to the price because they are large and
relatively heavy (even the non-counter weighted models).

TTFN - Guy