server maintenance

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Fri Jul 8 19:11:24 CDT 2016

On 7/8/2016 5:09 PM, Guy Sotomayor Jr wrote:
> Thanks Jay.  Hopefully this will avoid a long thread on why
> classiccmp is down and folks aren’t receiving messages.  ;-)
>
> TTFN - Guy
>
>> On Jul 8, 2016, at 2:30 PM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> The classiccmp VM will go down tonight around 10pm-ish CST. There is nothing
>> wrong with the VM, but the NAS it's disks are on is having some issues.
>> We've live-migrated all VDI's off that NAS except classiccmp's. Due to the
>> size of those drives, they will migrate a lot faster if that VM is shut down
>> so that's the route we're taking. I would expect it to be back up in the wee
>> hours of the morning - at least that's what the guy doing the work tells me.
>> Just fyi..

Is there a defined maintenance window for the list?  Has it been
published?  Will users be impacted by this change? If so, I am not sure
I am comfortable with the server being unavailable on a Friday night.
We're still using the service at 10PM.  Has anyone performed a risk
analysis of this change?  Is it truly necessary? Can we move it to
Saturday morning in the wee hours, or preferably Sunday from midnight to
6am Central?  Is it possible to schedule a call for later tonight prior
to the maintenance window to consider the options?

:-)

--
Jim Brain
brain at jbrain.com