TI Silent 700 print mechanism mechanical issues, and Model 763/765 bubble memory notes

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Sun Jul 10 21:51:56 CDT 2016

Eric,

I've restored a couple Silent 700 and found that the grease in the head lift solenoid had become very sticky (ie, no longer grease) and after completely cleaning and applying new (white lithium grease) the solenoid works much better.  I also had one of the knobs you mention split but was able to repair with super glue.

I also found that the line advance belt in one unit had been completely "eaten" by, I assume ozone, and all that was left were the fiber glass threads.  Amazing.

Love these Silent 700s, so keep 'em running!

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist