Screen Printing (was Re: Reproduction micros)

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:49:34 CDT 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> Well I could do front and back panels. In fact anything that needs silk
> screening. Rod (Panelman) Smallwood

As a hobbyist I've made a few tee-shirts, bags, and other items using a
real silk screen, transparencies, photo resist emulsion, PVC inks, and a
heat gun. I've done primitive "trap color" using registration marks, but
never "process color" (too hard without a 4 screens and better gear).

Is the process you use similar? I'm only asking because I'm curious. Also,
just out of curiosity, what kind of color process can you do on a circuit
board or side panel ?

The most complicated thing I've seen is CMYK process-color done with water
based inks and fancy super-tight registration. The results (not by me)
were really awesome, but I'm guessing that kind of thing isn't done the
same way on non-fabric materials (perhaps PVC inks work, though).

-Swift