DOS code in CP/M? Revisited...

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:50:48 CDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Fred Cisin wrote:
> CP/M rights later passed through to Corel and Caldera.

I have some foggy memory of Caldera using the "Digital Research" name, at
least internally and on some documents. However, it's been a long time and
the SCO-connected legacy left a terrible taste.

You know the history well, obviously, after reading your post. Do you
happen to know if the "Digital Research" you mention and the use of the
name by Caldera were related to the same original entity? IIRC, I could be
wrong but I even seem to remember downloading "DR-DOS" from Caldera before
FreeDOS was fully baked to get a hold of nice free-as-in-beer version of
DOS... but it could just be the drugs.

-Swift