DOS code in CP/M? Revisited...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jul 15 14:15:58 CDT 2016

On 07/15/2016 11:52 AM, Guy Sotomayor Jr wrote:

> P.S. A full build for the board I work on (OS and creating the boot
> image) for work takes < 1 hour.  The firmware I’m working on takes
> just 2-3 seconds to build!  This is on a PC with a 3.2GHz Skylake i7
> with SSDs.  ;-)

The problem is that while the PCs are getting faster, I'm slowing down.

One vivid memory I have of the S/360 F-level assembler is that while the
macro language was very rich, macros could take a very long time to
evaluate.  Some of the "system" macros were real doozies.

Of course, none of that compares to the card-only systems without mass
storage.

--Chuck