Building the Ultimate Classic Mac.

Chris Pye pye at mactec.com.au
Sun Jul 17 03:40:49 CDT 2016

> On 16 Jul 2016, at 3:33 pm, TeoZ <teoz at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Most 840av's these days have bad motherboards from leaking capacitors and the plastics break if you sneeze too hard close to them.

Yes, I just gave away my 840av. It was working (and looking) fine a couple of years ago, but when I checked a few months ago the capacitors had died and the plastic bits were just falling apart. If it was just the caps I would have fixed it. Was my favourite 68K Mac, I did video editing on one back in the day. Can’t remember what video card(s) and software I used on it, but I know that the big (maybe 2GB?) SCSI drives and the max amount of RAM cost me a lot of $ back then.. Great machine but the case is horrible to work with.