Epson QX-10, battery removal

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 14:29:59 CDT 2016

Hi Jules

I found removing my QX-10's battery stopped the machines working.  I tried
replacing it with a lithium battery after disabling the recharging circuit
but that didn't work either.

The old battery doesn't show any signs of leaking so I just left it in
there.  I check all my machines with batteries once a year for any battery
leakage so I'm comfortable with leaving it there.

Terry ( Tez)

On 18/07/2016 6:38 am, "Jules Richardson" <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There's a battery in my QX-10; anyone know if it's safe to remove it
before it leaks (i.e. it's not responsible for storing any parameters which
might be vital to system operation)?

> I think most of my machines which have batteries just use them for things
such as TOD clock and so it's no big deal to remove them (and they'll run
happily without), but I do also have various "unknowns" - of which the
QX-10 is one.

> (I don't suppose anyone is working on a big list of machines with
batteries in, which ones need consideration before removal, and which ones
refuse to function without a battery present, are they?)