LASERS! && Freemont Street LED array (was Re: Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now))

Karl-Wilhelm Wacker kwwacker at ptd.net
Tue Jul 19 15:09:12 CDT 2016

They generaly use mirrors -

 I would cobble something together by taking the laser diode read head from
a CD rom,
and removing the diode assembly, and glue a small, thin, front surface
mirror in its place,
and drive the coil from the output of an audio amp, just to try it out.
 A pair of these, at right angles, would give you X/Y deflection.

Karl