LASERS! && Freemont Street LED array (was Re: Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now))

Mark Green markwgreen at rogers.com
Tue Jul 19 18:33:01 CDT 2016

I don't know a lot about data transmission, my main application is display.
The mathematics behind data transmission and display are similar, they are
based on wave propagation and diffraction and lots of Fourier transforms.
The laser power is not overly important, it's the resolution of diffraction
pattern or hologram that you produce.  It's a very redundant coding scheme,
so part of the signal can be lost and you can still recover all the
information.