LASERS! && Freemont Street LED array (was Re: Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now))

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Jul 20 08:12:57 CDT 2016

> As far as sending video from a computer frame buffer, I think it
> might be way too fast.

I wouldn't be doing that.  I cited the cg6 by way of contrast.  How the
points get into the display hardware is still open, but a framebuffer
seems unlikely to be involved.  (I suppose a framebuffer with something
like DVI-D could be used as a way to continuously replay sequences very
fast, but it has its limitations.  I'd rather build a hardware ring
buffer, but I tend towards hardware hackery.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org