Reproduction micros

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Fri Jul 22 03:52:44 CDT 2016

On 22/07/2016 00:07, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 21 July 2016 at 23:26, Pete Turnbull <pete at dunnington.plus.com>
> wrote:

>> There were only a few made.  They were used internally during
>> development - hence the podule to connect it to a Beeb, which
>> provided the I/O early on - and in the later stages before the
>> Archimedes launch in 1987, several were loaned to software
>> developers.
>
> This is the machine Dick Pountain reviewed, I think.

Indeed, the Personal Computer World August '87 article does mention he
had an A500 on loan, though the photos are of an A310. They appear to me
to be Acorn stock photos, which I remember being shot in June (IIRC) 1987.
   It seems he had an A310 by the time he wrote the article for Byte
Vol.12 No.11, though.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull