Model M Key Cap Replacement WAS: Keyboards and the Model M (was Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

geneb geneb at
Wed Jun 1 08:52:54 CDT 2016

On Tue, 31 May 2016, Christopher Satterfield wrote:

> Unicomp still sells replacement caps (
> ), however I believe they
> have a minimum order amount (price). There are also the ever-so-hated
> keyboard forums where you can often post a "Looking for" and find someone
> with some spares they'll dump dirt cheap or free.
AFAIK, the key caps that Unicomp sells are the monolithic cap & plunger 
that their keyboards use, not the two-part keys that the real Model M
keyboards use.  (For those not aware, the Model M key cap is separate from 
the plunger - the key cap is _literally_ just a cap on top of a smaller 
key form that's got the plunger molded in.)


Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007 - The only one of its kind. - Go Collimated or Go Home.
Some people collect things for a hobby.  Geeks collect hobbies.

ScarletDME - The red hot Data Management Environment
A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes. - Get it _today_!

More information about the cctalk mailing list