AT&T 3b2 vs SCSI2SD drive replacement

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:52:05 CDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Jerry Kemp <other at oryx.us> wrote:

> We have recently had activity on the list discussing AT&T 3b2 related
> stuff, then earlier today we have had discussions concerning the SCSI2SD
> drive replacement hardware.
>
> I was reviewing the online documentation for SCSI2SD, specifically here:
>
> <http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD>
>
> and I specifically see that the AT&T 3B2/600 is supported.
>
> Many years ago, when I was administering 3b2's, I had always remembered
> those 327 Mb drives were a PITA getting those replaced thru my supply
> system.

> Wondering if anyone here is using SCSI2SD on their 3b2's, and if so, what
> are your experiences?  Hopefully working well?

I have my 3B2/600 running off of a SCSI2SD (from an image taken from my
original dying 327MB Seagate Wren drive) and it runs like a champ.  I think
I'm the guy who reported success to the SCSI2SD site for this particular
machine.

We also have our 3B2/600 at the Living Computer Museum running off of one.
I've found the SCSI2SD to be extremely useful in a number of situations.
Most recently I've gotten an HP/Apollo 425T (which demands a SCSI-1 drive
amongst other things) happily running off of one.

- Josh