Heathkit ETA-3400 vs. ETW-3400 confusion?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 22:12:26 CDT 2016

Bill,

Thanks, nice little site you made there. I also lack the correct ribbon
cable, so it seems my mod will use a plain gray ribbon.. and so long as
it's installed correctly, that should be just fine. ;-)

Thing is, it still doesn't answer my main question.. Your expansion accy.
is screened 'ETA-3400' and mine is screened 'EWA-3400'.

They seem to share the same board & components, so why the two different
marks - is there any material difference? I see that yours has some
switches on the front panel, but I assume that those are for your custom
serial comms. mod.