SunOS 4

Seth Morabito lists at loomcom.com
Wed Jun 8 21:51:40 CDT 2016

* On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:32:09AM -0400, Bryan C. Everly <bryan at bceassociates.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have really fond memories of this operating system (from before the
> SVR4 Solaris days).  It was the first UNIX I used (and I'm still a big
> BSD fan).
>
> (Not sure what the protocol is here for asking something like this so
> if I run afoul of a copyright policy or something, just tell me to
> stop asking and I will.)
>
> Is there any way someone can get their hands on an install disc for
> this?  I have some old SPARC hardware that it would be fun to run on
> if I could find the installer.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I don't suppose anyone will be too upset if I share my SunOS stuff
on the web.

For now I've put it at:

http://www.loomcom.com/SunOS

You'll probably want SunOS-4.1.4.iso.gz, which should expand to
about 380MB or so. Patches are under sunos_414_patches

If you have a Sun3, you can grab SunOS-4.1.3_U1B.iso.gz.

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito
seth at loomcom.com