LASM compatible cross assembler?

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Thu Jun 9 09:54:21 CDT 2016

After getting my TRS-80 Model II keyboard repaired and up & running last week (http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/257), I've been messing around with the Kermit source code to see if I can add hardware flow control support. I'm able to build Kermit using LASM on CP/M or on an emulator, but it would be nice to be able to setup a Makefile so I can do the build directly on Linux.

Is there a LASM compatible assembler out there with source available that I can run on Linux? I've tried a whole lot of different ones that are capable of doing 8080 & Z80 assembly, but not one understands the syntax of LASM (or I'm just not running them with the right flags).

I've tried so far:

  z80asm - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/z80asm
  as - http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/index.html
  kio's zasm - http://k1.spdns.de/Develop/Projects/zasm/Distributions/
  zasm - http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_zasm/
  z80-asm - http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/achim/z80-asm.html
  z80pack - http://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/

Alternately, is the source code for Ward Christensen's LASM available anywhere? The best I could find was a note from a Kermit developer from 27 years ago asking for the source. I suppose I could use a disassembler, but then I don't have proper labels or comments.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com