Accessing a TK50 or TK70 from RT

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Tue Jun 14 11:20:35 CDT 2016

> On Jun 14, 2016, at 10:12 AM, Rod Smallwood <rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> …..
>
> Anybody know what this is about?
> MSCPCK-I-MU0-FW Rev level is 003/HW Rev level is 000

From the RT11 System Message Manual

?MSCPCK–I–MUn-FW Rev Level is nnn/HW Rev Level is nnn

Explanation: A command to run the TMSCP (Tape Mass Storage Communication Protocol) Controller Checking Program (MSCPCK.SAV) in your startup command file checks your TMSCP (MU) device controller (if present) and reports its revision level with this message. The n is the MU unit number and the nnn is a 3-digit firmware or hardware revision level.

Reliable TK50 operation on Q-bus processors requires a controller of at least firmware revision 4 and hardware revision 6.

User Action: If your configuration does not include a TMSCP device, you can disable the command to run MSCPCK in your startup command file by editing that file and placing an exclamation point (!) before the command (!R MSCPCK).

If the revision level is below firmware revision 4 and hardware revision 6, contact your local Digital field service representative to get a revised TMSCP controller.
——————