Eckert - Faster, Faster; books in general

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Fri Jun 17 01:13:31 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 09:53:57PM -0400, Toby Thain wrote:
> On 2016-06-16 9:28 PM, Brian Walenz wrote:
> >
> >Just to make any discussion a bit more interesting, what would you suggest
> >along similar lines?  The two giant books on IBM (detailing "pre-360", and
> >"360") were quite fun too.
>
> "A Few Good Men From Univac", Lundstrom, MIT Press, is enjoyable but less
> technical than the IBM books you mentioned. It's a different take on the
> same period, in a way.

What are the titles of the IBM books that of which you speak?

I suppose you have already read "Soul of a new machine" and perhaps
"hackers: heroes of a computer revolution". Not very technical though.

/P