Quadra 660AV what's with the "PowerPC" label?

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:50:21 CDT 2016

> And yet, now that significant chunks of the Linux underpinnings are
> being combined into one purpose-written close-knit chunk, designed by a
> single team, the same sort of people that praise *BSD for its conceptual
> unity are harshly damning the thing bringing comparable unity to Linux.
> Odd, that.

It's not the same thing, IMO. People aren't slamming Linux+systemd for
unifying their team (I've not even seen the harshest systemd critics
mention this even in passing). They aren't upset because of the greater
"conceptual unity", either. They are upset because it's breaking faith
with "the unix way" (creating a giant all-consuming mega-daemon with
equally heinous binary opaque supporting-crap ala journald) and going
their own way (a hard right toward Bloatville with a couple of stops near
Lake Clueless if you ask me), and they are, in the opinion of many, being
jerks with the implementation of their planned schism.

-Swift