How do they make Verilog code for unknown ICs?

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:24:18 CDT 2016

I find most of the open source HDL simulators kind of suck. I think you can
still get ModelSim Web edition for free from altera.

This will do mixed language designs of Verilog, VHDL and schematic, and
works rather nicely.

Remember, each module is just a set of input and output signals, so the
language really doesn't matter. Mixed language designs are very common.

Yes, you can even build FPGA designs in a schematic editor out of library
modules. No, I don't suggest you should.

--
   Ian Finder
   (206) 395-MIPS
   ian.finder at gmail.com