VR241 Stray Wire

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 10:48:51 CDT 2016

> You can see the wire in question at the bottom of the picture below, it is
> the green wire with a single-pin connector on it, and the size link
> connector is the two-pronged connector just below it in the photo:
>
> https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlQc3lJwQx7bgbAJQx-HsvGY8Gcqsg
>
> Anyone know where this wire should go?

I believe you have 'my' schematic of the VR241. I think this
wire is shown on sheet 2 of the scan board diagram, (page
7 of the .pdf file) just above C718. It's on the daughterboard
that carries the horizontal output transistor, and is fitted onto
one of 2 pins on that board labelled 'S' and 'L'. In one position
it does nothing (so leaving it free would do no harm provided it
doesn't short to anything), in the other is short-circuits C718.

-tony