Power cable identification

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Jun 25 22:15:15 CDT 2016

> On Jun 25, 2016, at 20:12, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the name of the rounded, 3-pin power connector often seen on early
>> test equipment (I've seen it on older HP and Fluke stuff)?  I have an S-100
>> chassis that inexplicably uses one, despite dating from 1982 or so.  I need
>> to track one of these cables down but I have no idea what it is exactly I'm
>> looking for...
> The trade name is 163.

I seem to recall encountering two different pinouts of that connector in equipment that has passed through my hands. My memory may be faulty, but I think that the ground lead was consistent but the hot/neutral were wired two different ways. Did I make this all up?

Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>

More information about the cctalk mailing list