Power cable identification

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:01:52 CDT 2016

On 6/26/16 8:58 AM, js at cimmeri.com wrote:

> On 6/26/2016 10:56 AM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>> On 2016-Jun-25, at 8:09 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:
>>> What is the name of the rounded, 3-pin power connector often seen on
>>> early test equipment (I've seen it on older HP and Fluke stuff)?
>>>   I have an S-100 chassis that inexplicably uses one, despite dating
>>> from 1982 or so.
>> Is it a Cromemco? Inexplicable is right. The Cromemco Z2 S100 chassis
>> from 1978 used them, I don't know what they were thinking using it
>> that late, unless they got a deal on a mass clearout.
>
> I'm not the original poster, but I also had an S-100 chassis with that
> power plug.  I think it was a small California Computer System (CCS)
> model.
>
> - J.

Yep, that's exactly what I have -- it's a CCS 2200A.  It's a nicely
equipped system and it appears to be complete, with CCS CPU, 64K Memory,
I/O and Floppy controller.  It also has a Micro Diversions MicroAngelo
video board and a Morrow winchester controller (which attaches to two
24mb SA4000 drives that might still work).  Should be interesting to get
running again.

I've purchased a suitable power cable, thanks to all for pointing me in
the right direction.

- Josh