DL11 configuration for pdp11gui

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:58:38 CDT 2016

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > From: Fritz Mueller
>
>     > So far I haven't seen any place in PDP11GUI to set anything other
> than
>     > port and baud rate
>
> You might have to use native OS tools to do that. On Unix, that will be
> 'stty'; on Windows, you'd have to use native Windows tools to do that; if
> you
> go to the Device Manager, select your serial port, and click on
> 'Properties',
> it has a tab ('Port Settings') for that (or, should I say, it used to - not
> sure about the most recent versions, they're making it all smart-phone like
> for brain-dead lusers).

My issue (M9312) has been that I can't get XXDP output to the screen, but I
can run the CONSOLE and initiate comms to and from the computer using
CONSOLE.  When I run a XXDP routine I don't see anything to the screen so
far, regardless of what switch setting I am using.

Specifically

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/xxdp/diag_listings/1140_45/028_MAINDEC-11-DCQKC-D_D_1140_1145_INSTRUCTION_EXERCISER_Sep74.pdf

CQKC Test

Pages 18 - 61 and beyond provide switch registers and code to follow.