StorageTek 2920 9-track manual or instructions wanted

Shaun Halstead shaunhalstead at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:58:32 CDT 2016

The 2920 has been discussed here before, about a year ago.  I went through
my back emails, but couldn't find the thread.

  The 2920 came in some flavor of Pertec, and SCSI via rear-mounted
adapter.  Yours appears to have the adapter interface.  We ran several of
the pertec version of these drives in our shop with Aviv unibus
controllers.  Our drives had basic diagnostic info inside the door, which
was quite nice.  Unfortunately, my memory is too sketchy at the moment to
be helpful.
  I believe JP Hindin has the service docs (and one of the drives) from my
shop, though they may be inaccessible at the moment.

--Shaun