StorageTek 2920 9-track manual or instructions wanted

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:23:01 CDT 2016

On 29 June 2016 at 22:11, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:

> there is one version of the maint manual up under stc on bitsavers now. it turns
> out I have several other versions, and the manual for the formatter

I noticed there's now both an stc directory (with the 2920 manual) and
a storagetek directory (with 4220 and 4280 manuals). Are they not the
same company? The stc manual says 'storagetek' at least once inside
(although it mostly uses the term 'Storage Technology Corporation',
and one of the storagetek manuals for the 4220 (which has 'StorageTek'
on every page) uses 'Storage Technology Corporation' on its address
(last) page. Maybe it's easier to find this way, if the emphasis
changed from 'STC' to 'StorageTek' over the years, is that why? Or are
they really different companies?

-Tor