StorageTek 2920 9-track manual or instructions wanted

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Jun 30 07:33:08 CDT 2016

On 6/30/16 12:23 AM, Tor Arntsen wrote:
> On 29 June 2016 at 22:11, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
>
>> there is one version of the maint manual up under stc on bitsavers now. it turns
>> out I have several other versions, and the manual for the formatter
>
> I noticed there's now both an stc directory (with the 2920 manual) and
> a storagetek directory (with 4220 and 4280 manuals). Are they not the
> same company?

Yes, STC or "Storage Technology Corporation" was the earlier name.
Generally, if there are name changes I use the earliest name but I
didn't have any STC docs uploaded. I'll merge the two at some point.
I'm working on scans from about six other STC products right now.

To be pedantic, M4 Data / STC / StorageTek should all be under "Oracle"
since Sun bought StorageTek, and DEC/Compaq should be under whatever
"HP" is calling themselves this week, so I try to stick with the
earliest company names.