re-initialize PDP 11 BASIC?

Don North north at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:20:44 CDT 2016

On 6/30/2016 10:29 AM, william degnan wrote:
> I seem to remember there is an entry point that one can use to reinitialize
> BASIC already loaded into core memory, with the intention of re-answering
> the questions about MEMORY SIZE, Use SIN?, etc.  Is this correct?  I looked
> in the docs I have b ut I could not find it.  If no one has this info I
> will have to disassemble, IN a HEX editor I see the questions are all at
> the end.
>
> -- Bill

After loading the basic papertape, start it at 16104 to get to the config dialog.
Type a '?'<ret>  in response to the *O prompt to get the long form dialog.

Don

*Downloads[504] pdp11 basic.ini**
**
**PDP-11 simulator V4.0-0 Beta        git commit id: d8aafde7**
**Disabling XQ**
**load basic.pt**
**run 16104**
**
**PDP-11 BASIC, VERSION 007A**
***O ?**
**DO YOU NEED THE EXTENDED FUNCTIONS?Y**
**HIGH-SPEED READER/PUNCH?N**
**SET UP THE EXTERNAL FUNCTION?N**
**MEMORY?**
**READY**