Pdp-10 emulation

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Wed Mar 2 17:24:35 CST 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> > Hi, I'm trying to install ITS using this tutorial:
> > http://www.cosmic.com/u/mirian/its/itsbuild.html
> >
> > Once I got it, how do I run the software inside the OS? Or I'm just not
> > getting how it works?
> >
> > Thank you¡
>

> I know nothing at all about ITS, and would follow Rich's guidance on this.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

I've installed ITS successfully in the past, using those notes, so it can
be done (unless something's changed).  However, ITS is a somewhat odd beast
- its user shell is the debugger, for example.  I think suggestions that
you start with TOPS-20 are good advice.  It will feel much more familiar,
especially if you've used something like RSX-11 or VMS.  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."