Mobile Web Site Technology to Revive Old Browers

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:36:33 CST 2016

> The only problem is that some sites are pretty much useless without
> Javascript enabled.  Unless it's static content, there's usually some sort
> of dynamic behavior, even in rendering.
>
> --
> Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D.

True device independence requires a site be navigable without javascript.
I certainly am not saying it's easy going for ancient browsers now.   I am
instead predicting that the new best practice standards for web design will
bring forth a more ancient browser-friendly WWW, moving forward.  At least
it won't get any worse.  I noticed many commercial web sites have adopted
the new standards including javascript - free navigation.  I can say as a
web development professional that's all anyone talks about.  Google favors
sites who adopt the new standards in their rankings.

It will be interesting to see were we stand in 5 years.  I predict it will
be easier to use an ancient browser then, than today.

Bill

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net