Options for resurrecting VAX 4000/400 and Vaxstation 3200

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Wed Mar 9 17:09:02 CST 2016

> I have two KA-675s for this beast: Board #1 (originally installed) has a
> failed B-cache (console reports SUBTEST_35_12, DE_B_Cache_diag_mode.LIS)
> and crashes with an asynchronous write memory failure when booting VMS
> from CD.

I wonder is there a way to disable the B-cache?

I mention this because I have more than one Alphaserver 1000A with failed
B-cache and I have found it is possible to work around this issue by moving a
jumper on the CPU board to disable the B-cache.  The result is that the machine
works with reduced performance.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.