Which RT-11 for an 11/03

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu Mar 10 13:54:16 CST 2016

On 10/03/2016 19:28, Richard Cini wrote:
> Thanks Mattis. The system in question has 32kw of memory and it does
> pass the memory test.
>
> I have not tried to boot the resulting DD image on SIMH but the
> original RK image does boot.
>
> I feel I'm close but I'm missing something. I may try 5.3 instead.

I've got various RX01, RX02, RL01 and RL02 disks with RT-11 v2, 4.0 and
5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.7 and run them on real hardware.  It's a long time
since I've run v2, but the rest all run on my 11/73 as far as I
remember.  It may depend on the exact config (SYSGEN) but it certainly
won't work unless you have exactly the right boot block on the media.

--
Pete